Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Hmmmmm ....Bugger!

Hi there all, I hope your preparations for the festive season are well underway and it all looks good.  Didn't have much to post recently (obviously)  but thought I'd post an excerpt from a recent e-mail I sent to a group of players in one of my games;

Hi there guys, just received the final information I needed to ascertain the level of impact on Barra from the blast in Mu.  We will be starting another game in the new year.  From the data I have gathered the resultant 'nuclear' or impact' winter will cover the globe within 60 days, plummeting temperatures by up to 35 degrees Celsius from their norm.  This effectively moves the planet into an Ice Age ( actually the last Earths ice age only had a reduction of 5 degrees) which will last for decades.  The winter also affects the hydro cycle and will reduce rainfall by up to45% in some areas. This knock on effect then pushes the time out to when the planet can recover by several more decades as the soot and particulate matter can not be moved from the 'dry deposition' to the 'wet deposition' easily therefore remaining in the upper layers for longer.  Aint science grand! 

Reminds me of this poster:


Lol Enjoy!
:)
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment